Thursday, June 18, 2009

Squared 5 is amazing!

Yesterday in class, Dr. Gilbert introduced the squared 5 streamclip software. I downloaded the software after I got home and started working on my literacy powerpoint presentation. I knew ahead of time that I wanted to put some videos on, and I kind of had an idea of which video I want to use, and that particular video is on youtube. I remember hearing Dr. Gilbert say that you can even download youtube videos onto your computer using the URL address on youtube. So I decided to give it a try. It was just as easy as it sounds! All you have to do is go to file in the squared 5 software and open URL and that's it! The video is saved to your computer. So the video I downloaded from youtube is a mp4 video. But I wanted to use a more commonly used file, maybe AVI or quicktime(common for apple users). So all I have to do is again find the mp4 file I just downloaded on youtube and convert it using squared 5 software into the more commonly used format. It was so simple to use.

1 comment:

  1. You have some great entries. Your work is very good and I appreciate how you use your entries as a form of response and inquiry.

    ReplyDelete